Monday, June 29, 2009

Coming Attractions

Here's a brief preview of what's to come in the next week;

As far as books go, I'm almost done with Neil Gaiman's American Gods, so expect a review on that within a day or two. From Dawn to Decadence, the tome I've been working through since last weekend, is about to hit the halfway mark. Don't expect a review of this 800-page, dense-as-molasses read for another week or so, but know I'll be recommending it very, very highly. After that, I'll be reading Absolute Sandman: Volume 4 and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, or possibly the recently published An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England, which I've never heard of, but looks pretty funny.

Albums are going to pick up again, with releases from Kasabian, Sunsest Rubdown, Wilco (The Band), and Sunn O))). I could review the new Sonic Youth album, but those who know me know it would be an exercise in futility. Not because it's bad, but because I never have anything exceptional to say about them, even when I know they're on top form. I'll also pull out a review of the new(ish) Sparklehorse/Danger Mouse album, Dark Night of the Soul, which I'll tell you now is a refreshing listen well worth your time.

I'll be seeing you later in the week!

No comments: