Monday, December 14, 2009

...and fuck Frank Sinatra.

Rolling Stone is officially dead to me. I know they started losing credibility back in the late eighties, but it's over now. I struggled for a while to maintain a healthy relationship. I read the reviews when I was in the bathroom and needed something to do. I paid attention to the anniversary lists back in high school. Times were good.

This year, they've named U2's No Line on the Horizon as the best album of the year. Their number 2 album is Bruce Springsteen's capable-but-uninspired Working on a Dream. Their song of the year is a bloated seven-minute song that would have been nothing more than boring had it been three minutes long, U2's "Moment of Surrender." Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective, one of the most original, exciting, listenable albums of the decade, wasn't in the top 10. But Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3 was. So I can sleep easy knowing that. *sigh*

We're no longer on speaking terms.

No comments: